Advancing Renewables Program
This grant provides businesses with financing to develop renewable energy technologies and funds projects that contribute to one or more of the following outcomes:
- reduction in the cost of renewable energy
- increase in the value delivered by renewable energy
- improvement in technology readiness and commercial readiness of renewable energy
- reduction in or removal of barriers to renewable energy uptake
- increase in skills, capacity and knowledge relevant to renewable energy.
Australian Renewable Energy Agency (ARENA) grants are expected to be between $100,000 and $50 million. Applicants need to match the funding sought from ARENA.
Find out more about how to apply at Advancing Renewables Program.
The Entrepreneurs’ Programme is the Australian Government’s flagship initiative to help businesses become more competitive and increase their productivity.
The programme’s primary focus is to provide support and advice to businesses in solving problems. A network of advisers, drawn from industry, is available to businesses that produce novel products and those in targeted growth sectors.
There are four programme elements:
Business Management – provides businesses with independent advice tailored to their specific needs including:
- Business Evaluation that provides businesses with an action plan to increase their capability to trade in Australia or overseas markets
- Growth Services providing access to experience business advisers for us to two years
- Business Growth Grants between $2500 and $20, 000 (GO111) Grant Guidelines
- Supply Chain Facilitation
- Tourism Partnerships
Innovation Connections – helps businesses collaborate with the research sector with three types of grants up to $30, 000 and $50, 000 (GO113). Grant Guidelines
Accelerating Commercialism – helps small and medium businesses attract private investment and commercialise products, services and processes with two different types of grants of up to $250, 000 and $1 million (GO110). Grant Guidelines
Incubator Support – assists start-ups to develop the capabilities to achieve commercial success in international markets and realise their economic potential faster than they otherwise would by offering. New and existing incubators can receive grants between $10, 000 and $500, 000. Grants for start-ups to gain access to expert advisers can be between $1000 and $25, 000 (GO112) Grant Guidelines
This grant is ongoing.
Employer Incentives with Apprentices (GO90)
All eligible employers who take on a new apprentice (Certificate III or higher), regardless of the occupation, will be able to claim $4000: $1,500 when the apprentice reaches the six month point and a further $2,500 when they complete their apprenticeship.
Where the apprentice is an existing employee, the employer will only be able to claim the incentive if the apprentice is working in an area of national skill need.
A $750 incentive, however, will be available to employers if they take on an apprentice who has had to leave their previous employer part way through an apprenticeship.
On top of this, eligible employers can access three additional incentives:
- a further $1,500 over the life of an apprenticeship if the apprentice is an Australian School-based Apprentice or working in a rural or regional area
- a further $4,000, paid at the twelve month point, if the apprentice is aged 21 years or older and working towards an occupation on the National Skills Needs List; and
- a further $1,500 over the life of an apprenticeship if the apprentice is a disadvantaged worker aged 45 years and over.
For more information on all apprenticeship incentives, go to www.australianapprenticeships.gov.au or call 1300 363 831 for Australian Apprenticeship Support Network – helping employers with incentives for apprentices.
Advanced Manufacturing Early Stage Research Fund (GO1226)
This $4 million initiative forms part of the $100 million Advanced Manufacturing Fund which aims to boost innovation, skills and employment in advanced manufacturing. This fund runs over four years with $1 million worth of funding each year to support small-scale and pilot/early stage research projects. Grants between $100, 000 and $400, 000 are available. Closes 30 June 2021. Click for more information.
Wine Export Grant (GO911)
This grant helps small/medium businesses to secure new distribution channels and export wine to China, Hong Kong, Macau, USA.
Grants of up to $25, 000 are available for 50% of the eligible costs.
Available until 1 May, 2020.
If you have any questions, please contact Wine Australia, Wine Export Grants (08) 8228 2000 Email: email@example.com
Relief from Outstanding Money (GO2860)
The Paying Legacy Unpaid External Dispute Resolution Determination program will pay individuals and small businesses the value of the award (inclusive of interest) not paid by a financial service provider that has failed to comply with a determination made under the Terms of Reference for the Financial Ombudsman Service or the Credit and Investments Ombudsman Rules, because the financial service provider is now bankrupt or under external administration, or has been deregistered or wound up.
Payments will be made under the program until 30 June, 2020.