Safer Communities Fund - Round 5 - Infrastructure Grants (GO3112)
This grant provides schools, pre-schools, places of religious worship, community organisations and local councils with grants of up to $1 million for crime prevention initiatives aimed at reducing crime, violence, anti-social behaviour and/or other security risks driven by racial and/or religious intolerance.
Project activities can include:
- Infrastructure activities, such as installing:
- fixed or mobile CCTV cameras
- security lighting
- fencing and gates
- external blast walls and windows
- security and alarm systems
- public address systems
- intercoms and swipe access.
- Employing or hiring security guards, licensed by the relevant state or territory agency, for schools or preschools.
The grant will cover up to 100% of eligible project costs.
Projects must be completed by 30 June 2023.
The grant amount is $10, 000 to $500, 000 (per location or school campus) or $1 million per organisation. Total grant amount $31 million.
Closes 10 December, 2019