Applications are now open for the Local Schools Community Fund (the Fund).
The Australian Government is providing up to $200,000 for each federal electorate for the Fund in 2019-2020, benefiting students and assisting schools to meet their priorities through the contribution of funding for small scale projects and their associated costs.
The Fund is open to all schools—government, Catholic and independent.
Schools can apply for funding for one project between $1,000 and $20,000. Where a school is composed of multiple campuses, the school or campus may submit an application for each campus to fund a project between $1,000 and $20,000.
Funding requested can be for the total cost of the project, or part of the cost where the school contributes an amount.
Examples of projects a school may wish to apply for include, but are not limited to:
- small scale extensions / refurbishments
- installation of computer or ICT facilities / equipment / software
- playground and sporting equipment
- shade structures, landscaping
- procurement of musical facilities, furniture, computer equipment (e.g. digital whiteboards), library resources
- measures to target student wellbeing
- counselling or youth mental health support
- additional English as a second language support for refugee students
- specific facilities for students with a disability in a school.
Applications will be assessed by a Local Advisory Committee against the Fund criteria, with recommendations made to the Minister for Education, who will decide which applications are successful.
For more information on eligibility criteria and how to apply, click here.
Applications close 5pm Monday 30 September 2019.