Research into ME/CFS (GO3105)
This grant is for approved NHMRC Administering Institutions. It aims to:
- help these organisations develop a scientifically valid, evidence-based understanding of the pathophysiology and aetiology of ME/CFS and the way it impacts on the physical, social and psychological wellbeing of affected persons
- identify approaches that will assist patients presenting with symptoms of ME/CFS to be accurately diagnosed, including the identification of potential biomarkers to facilitate effective management and treatment.
Up to $3 million is available.
Closes 29 January, 2020
Medical Research Future Fund (GO3039)
This grant aims to ensure the next generation of talented Australians have the capacity to make great medical discoveries . It promotes opportunities for active clinical researchers to work in partnership with professional colleges and industry.
It will support the research program of outstanding early- to mid-career clinical researchers that contribute to the following MRFF priority research areas:
- Australian Brain Cancer Mission
- Million Minds Mission
- Genomics Health Futures Mission
- Ageing, Aged Care and Dementia Mission
- Indigenous Health Research Fund
- Stem Cell Therapies Mission
- Mission for Cardiovascular Health
- Traumatic Brain Injury Mission
- Preventative and Public Health Research
- Primary Health Care Research
- Global Health – Tackling Antimicrobial Resistance and Drug Resistance
The total amount available is $32 million.
Closes 27 November, 2019
Health and Medical: Development Grants (GO3101)
The objective of this grant is to:
- provide health and medical researches with a feasible commercialisation pathway so that research can progress to a stage that makes it competitive to receive investment through other government schemes or from the private sector.
- encourage collaboration between health research, the private sector and industry (domestic and international).
Total grant amount is $15 million.
Closes 11 December, 2019
Health and Medical: Centres of Research Excellence (GO3061)
The objectives of this NHMRC scheme are to improve public health outcomes by improving the translation of research into policy and/or practice and provide opportunities to improve collaboration between research teams.
The estimated grant value is $2.5 million with a total of $35 million available.
Closes 4 December, 2019