Community War Memorials Fund
This grant aims to conserve, repair and protect war memorials across NSW to support community commemoration. Grants of up to $10,000 (excluding GST) are available. Grants for work to improve the accessibility of war memorials are capped at $2,000 (excluding GST).
Eligible applicants must be the custodian of the memorial, local RSL sub-branch or local Council.
Applications must be for an existing war memorial commemorating Australia's military heritage and the war memorial must be located within the State of NSW or, if located outside NSW, of direct and substantial relevance to the State.
Applications relating to memorials located on either private or public property are eligible for funding, however the memorial must have a public function and be accessible to the public.
Eligible activities include:
1. Specialist conservation advice for war memorials
2. Preservation work
3. Restoration work
4. Works to improve equitable access to a memorial ($2,000 cap) or relocation of memorials for public safety
Closes 25 April 2020
Saluting Their Service Commemorative Grants Program (GO3172)
This grant encourages a wide range of projects and activities that highlight the service and sacrifice of Australia's personnel in wars, conflicts and peace operations. Community Grants of a maximum of $10,000 are for local, community-based projects and activities. Major Grants of $10, 0001-$150, 000 are for major commemorative projects and activities. Eligible expenditure categories are:
- Digital project costs (eg production costs for contract or labour-hire staff such as screenwriters, cinematographers, editors or sound recordists, website development costs, equipment relating to digital projects such as honour rolls)
- Display cabinets supply and/or installation
- Entertainment (eg band or bugler)
- Equipment, venue and/or service hire
- Flagpole supply and/or installation - maximum of $2,000 per project
- Landscaping - including school memorial gardens (eg trees, shrubs, fencing and concrete slabs) maximum $5000. Please note: must be situated within the immediate surrounds of memorials.
Closes 31 March 2020