Veteran and Community Grants (GO 2385)
This grant aims to fund projects that sustain or enhance the health and well being of veterans and improve their independence and quality of life. Projects should increase opportunities for members of the Australian veteran community to participate in social activity and/or improve health behaviours and support healthy places.
Closes 27 February, 2020
Saluting Their Service Commemorative Grants Program (GO3172)
This grant encourages a wide range of projects and activities that highlight the service and sacrifice of Australia's personnel in wars, conflicts and peace operations. Community Grants of a maximum of $10,000 are for local, community-based projects and activities. Major Grants of $10, 0001-$150, 000 are for major commemorative projects and activities.
Eligible expenditure categories are:
- Digital project costs (e.g. production costs for contract or labour-hire staff such as screenwriters, cinematographers, editors or sound recordists, website development costs, equipment relating to digital projects such as honour rolls)
- Display cabinets supply and/or installation
- Entertainment (e.g. band or bugler)
- Equipment, venue and/or service hire
- Flagpole supply and/or installation - maximum of $2,000 per project
- Landscaping - including school memorial gardens (eg trees, shrubs, fencing and concrete slabs) maximum $5000. Please note: Must be within immediate surrounds of memorials only
Closes 31 March, 2020
Defence Family Support Funding Program (GO3281)
This grant provides funding to community organisations so they can deliver local programs and projects that support Defence families and the community they live in. FSFP is an annual grant program which provides funding to not-for-profit organisations to:
- Facilitate the coming together of Defence families for mutual support, education and connection with their community, and support for their overall personal and social wellbeing.
- Support Defence families to engage with each other and their local communities to minimise the challenges and enhance the opportunities that come with the unique military lifestyle.
- Empower Defence families to thrive by giving them the confidence they need to succeed in managing the Defence way of life.
- Support community capacity building by identifying and nurturing partnership opportunities to support the delivery of programs which provide a strengthened sense of community for Defence families and reduce the feeling of isolation that a posting can bring.
Grants range from $5,000 to $75, 000.
Closes 12 February, 2020