Local Sporting Champions
The Local Sporting Champions grant provides financial assistance for coaches, officials and competitors aged 12-18 participating in state, national or international championships.
Children can represent their sporting club or their school either individually or in team sports.
If successful, individual applicants will receive $500-$750 towards the associated costs of attending their championships, covering travel, accommodation, meals, registration fees, uniforms and other expenses incurred while attending the event. This grant is given out every three months - the usual deadlines are June 30, September 30, December 31 and March 31 each year.
Parents & children need to apply directly via a simple online application form. This grant is not means-tested.
Each child is eligible for up to two grants per year being 1 April 2020 to 30 March 2021 and 1 April 2021 to 30 March 2022 for:
- one state or one national event plus one international
- two international events
You must live at least 125 km from state events. National and international events do not have a minimum travel distance.
You need to apply prior to the commencement of the event.
This is a fantastic grant that is 'electorate based, meaning each electorate is given a certain number of grants to award. This number is a reflection of the number of eligible applications received across the country ie the more applications we receive, the more grants we can give! So we would like to encourage all eligible kids in Warringah to apply.
Zali's electoral office has given out 74 LSC grants to local juniors, covering 26 sports, equalling over $43, 500. To see if juniors from your sport have received this grant, please CLICK HERE.
The next deadline for applications is 30 June 2021.
For grant guidelines and an application form, please click here.
The AIS Elevate Learning Grants Program
The purpose of this program is to invest in education and professional development opportunities for a sport-specific learning experience to improve the ability of the workforce to identify, develop, support and progress talented athletes (i.e. Categorised by the National Sports Organisation).
The cost of education, professional development opportunities and associate expenses can be supported.
Activities and opportunities that will be supported may include (but are not limited to);
- Coaching accreditation and sport-specific learning courses
- Mentoring and training with peers (within and/or across disciplines)
- Attending conferences
- Observations at key sporting events of development camps
- Participation in network activities
- Professional work
- University or other educational based qualification
- Travel, accommodation or incidental costs associated with the above activities
Funding is NOT available to support education and professional development opportunities that are already in progress.
NSW ATP Cup Tennis Legacy Fund
This program aims to target infrastructure, facility development and participation programs that will support the growth of tennis for many generations to come.
Facility Development or Upgrade
- For small to medium facility development or upgrade projects that will increase participation.
- Funding between $7,500 and $50,000 (excluding GST) is available, covering up to 25% of the net project cost.
- A total funding pool of $260,000 is available.
- For delivery of a specific new or the expansion of an existing program or initiative to increase participation growth in tennis.
- Funding between $1,000 and $10,000 (excluding GST) is available, covering up to 50% of the net project cost.
- A total funding pool of $125,000 is available.
Closes 26 April 2021
For grant guidelines, please click here.