Today, as the Nationals continued to hold Australia‘s safety, economy and way of life to ransom, I introduced the Climate Change Bills into Parliament to provide a sensible, fact-based solution to Australia's Climate Change policies.
The objects and guiding principles of the Bill now include an ambitious target of 60% emissions reduction on 2005 levels by 2030 and strong regional consideration.
It’s time for an open conscience vote on the Climate Change Bills to take Australia’s climate policy out of the National Party’s hands. This is a quick snapshot of the Bills being introduced:
Climate Change Bill
- This Bill is a ready-made solution for Australia’s emissions reduction plan for COP-26
- It is supported by key business and industry groups including the BCA and AIG and went through a thorough Parliamentary inquiry process that had over 6500 submissions, which was significant for a Private Member’s Bill
- The objects and guiding principles of the Bill now include a target of 60% emissions reduction on 2005 levels by 2030
- Read more HERE
I have also introduced the Stopping PEP 11 Bill:
Stopping PEP 11 Bill
- The Bill will end the uncertainty of the PEP 11 permit that will allow gas and oil exploration from Manly to Newcastle
- The license is currently being decided by Nationals Resources Minister Keith Pitt (latest Newcastle Herald article HERE and ABC article HERE)
- The Bill has huge support from local environmental groups, Surfrider, Save Our Coast and the backing of prominent surfers (see SMH article HERE)
- Read More HERE
Next week, I will introduce:
Stop the Lies Bill
- The Bill prohibits misleading or deceptive political advertising, which will be very important in the lead up to the federal election
- Businesses are not allowed to lie to their consumers in ads, so why are politicians allowed to lie to voters?
- It is modelled on successful Bills in SA and ACT
- Read More HERE
HOW I VOTE
I have been shocked by how much time is spent by the Coalition Govt shutting down debate in Parliament, including stopping MPs from speaking or debating an issue or suspending standing orders to avoid amendments being moved on bad legislation. For more information go to this page on my website: https://www.zalisteggall.com.au/my_voting_record
80% DOUBLE VACCINATION RATE
The following rules are at 18 October, and only applies to people who are fully vaccinated unless specified:
Up to 20 visitors will be allowed in a home (not including children 12 and under)
- Up to 50 people can continue to gather in unregulated outdoor settings.
Community sport will be permitted
Those who are not fully vaccinated may only gather outdoors in groups of two people
- Hospitality open with density limit for up to 20 people per booking (takeaway only for people who are not fully vaccinated).
For the full list of eased restrictions and more information go to this website: https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/easing-covid-19-restrictions/80-percent
Please join me and other leading voices in business as they advocate for more urgent climate action.
COP26 Economic Forum - Friday 29th October 1pm- 2.30pm
Hear from the New Wave of Business leaders including:-
- Cameron Adams, Co-founder Canva
Nicky Sparshott, CEO Unilever
My team and I are constantly working to find solutions for you, your family and friends and our general community. You can keep up to date at our website www.zalisteggall.com.au or by calling the office on 9977 6411 if you have concerns.
Do you like this page?