Stronger Communities Program – Round 5
Do you have a small capital project or community-building project in Warringah that needs funding?
Applications are now open for Round 5 of the Federal Government's Stronger Communities Programme.
The programme provides $150,000 to every electorate, offering groups and organisations the opportunity to source grants of between $2,500 and $20,000 for projects that improve local community participation and contribute to vibrant and viable communities. Please note applicants are expected to match grant funding with cash or in-kind contributions.
For more information about the Stronger Communities Program, including eligibility criteria and guidelines, please click here.
A few examples of previous grant allocations in the Warringah area are:
- Stewart House: $17,500 for an upgrade of kitchen facilities
- Mosman Orchestra: $10,000 for new instruments
- Northern Beaches Outrigger Canoe Club: $5,443 for a new lightweight outrigger canoe
- Schizophrenia fellowship of New South Wales: $9,200 for a dining and kitchen upgrade
- Lifeline Northern Beaches: $10,000 for a refurbishment of the waiting room
- Mosman Rowing Club: $17,272 for a Kitchen, Common Room and Women's Change-Room upgrade
Opening round 4 successful applicant Pioneer Clubhouse’s new waiting room.
I encourage local groups to take a look at the programme and complete and submit an expression of interest to me below if you feel your project would qualify.
The deadline to submit your expression of interest is 12PM, Thursday 5th of September, 2019.
I will be establishing an independent committee of local community representatives to assess the expressions of interest and to then shortlist up to 20 projects for consideration.
Successful applications will be announced by the Government through my office, later in the year.
To be eligible please complete and submit an expression of interest form below.