February 13. 2023
Dear Warringah Resident,
I hope you’ve had the chance to make the most of wonderful Warringah over the summer – we are so lucky to have beautiful beaches, waterways, parks and bushland environments to enjoy. As my team and I return to Parliament this month, we are very focussed on working with the government and continuing to push for action on the issues you have raised with me. In the first six months of the 47th Parliament, legislation has included:
1. the Climate Change Act 2022, locking into law Australia’s commitment to Net Zero by 2050, with amendments by myself and fellow crossbench MPs to ensure greater accountability and ambition,
2. a National Anti-Corruption Commission with retrospective powers,
3. a commitment by the government to the full implementation of the Respect@Work recommendations aimed at reducing sexual discrimination and harassment in the workplace,
4. legislated discounts on electric vehicles, and
5. a cap on domestic gas prices.
That’s just to name a few of the 53 Bills passed so far this term.
Read more here:
Do you like this page?