Team Zali Volunteer Agreement
Warringah Independent Limited and all Zali Steggall Campaigns
This document is not intended to be a legally binding contract between us and it may be cancelled at any time by either us or you.
As a volunteer for Warringah Independent Limited and all Zali Steggall campaigns in her capacity as the Federal Member for Warringah, I agree to the following:
All duties are on a voluntary basis and I understand I will not receive remuneration or payment for this work.
Warringah Independent Limited and Zali Steggall value their volunteers and will endeavour to provide you with:
- an orientation and any training necessary for the volunteer role
- a safe environment for you to volunteer
- respect for your privacy, including keeping your private information confidential
- insurance to cover you for the volunteer duties you are authorised to perform.
We ask that you:
- act positively and in the best interests of Warringah Independent Limited and all Zali Steggall
campaigns in her capacity as the Federal Member for Warringah
- demonstrate honest and decent behavior
- be your best self
- be welcoming and inclusive of all
In your volunteer role we require you to:
- agree to participate in an induction program
- only undertake duties you are authorised to perform, and follow reasonable directions and instructions that you are given
- notify an officer or member of Warringah Independent Limited of any health and safety issues or potentially hazardous situations that may pose a risk to you or others, and report any accidents or incidents relating to staff, volunteers or the location
- use any property or equipment given to you safely and only for the purpose of volunteering and return it to the organisation when you finish
- comply with the law at all times.
In New South Wales there are laws that protect volunteers in community organisations from civil liability (i.e. legal action like a negligence claim) in specific circumstances.
To ensure you are protected, you must perform voluntary community work that is directed or supervised by an incorporated community organisation or perform voluntary community work as an office holder of an incorporated community organisation.
It is important that you only perform the tasks as instructed by the organisation. To be covered by these laws it is also important that you are not affected by drugs or alcohol when you are volunteering.
If you are unsure whether a task or work is authorised, please do not hesitate to talk to an officer or member of Warringah Independent Limited.
The health and safety of you and others
At Warringah Independent Limited volunteer safety, and the safety of everyone who is involved in our organisation, is a priority.
In New South Wales, the Work Health and Safety Act 2011 (NSW) (WHS Act) applies to many volunteers because all organisations that engage workers on a paid basis can owe WHS duties to everyone in the organisation (including volunteers). Also, there may be other legal actions (such as negligence claims) that mean we always need to consider work health and safety issues.
Under the WHS Act and other laws, Warringah Independent Limited has a duty of care to minimise risks to everyone affected by its conduct (including paid employees and volunteers).
It also means that as a volunteer, you may have WHS duties too.
- to take reasonable care for your own health and safety
- to take reasonable care for the health and safety of others
- to comply with any reasonable instruction by Warringah Independent Limited
- to let Warringah Independent Limited know of any concerns you may have about safety and/or fitness in undertaking our role, and
- to co-operate with any reasonable policies and procedures of Warringah Independent Limited.
We are committed to providing adequate insurance cover for volunteers while carrying out volunteering roles that have been approved and authorised by us.
Warringah Independent Limited maintains Volunteer Insurance, Public & Products Liability Insurance and Association Liability Insurance. Insured persons include all voluntary workers of the insured aged under 85 years.
We want to let you know that the following events are unlikely to be covered by our insurance:
- actions that are beyond the scope of your volunteer role, or that occur without appropriate authority or permission from us
- criminal activity (including criminal charges arising out of driving incidents)
- dishonest or reckless activities
- where loss results from self-inflicted injury, the use of alcohol or drugs, mental illness, pregnancy and childbirth or a pre-existing condition.
There are also limitations on some benefits. If you would like to view a full copy of the full insurance policy, please contact us via warringahIndependent@gmail.com
All volunteers for Warringah Independent Limited agree to transfer all intellectual property rights and interests (including copyright) in any ideas or materials they create relating to their provision of voluntary services at Warringah Independent Limited to Warringah Independent Limited.
Also volunteers consent to the use by Warringah Independent Limited of such creations in a manner reasonably contemplated by the voluntary services provided under this document. As a volunteer you also agree not to bring any claim for infringement of your moral rights in respect of that use.
When you complete your contact details, please tick the box to acknowledge that you have read and agreed to this Volunteer Agreement.
Thank you and welcome to Team Zali.
Current as at 30 July 2020