The Beaches Link provides the opportunity to upgrade our local infrastructure and facilitate better public transport, ease congestion on the Northern Corridor, which is one of the most congested corridors in Sydney and improve connectivity to the Northern Beaches.
Having indicated my support for the project prior to the election, I remain committed to ensuring the tunnel is done right. The people of Warringah have waited a long time for improved transport infrastructure and deserve a future-focused tunnel built to the highest standards.
Having met with and heard from many constituents and community groups prior to and since the release of the Beaches Link Environmental Impact Statement (EIS), I have liaised with Transport for NSW and Transport Minister Andrew Constance MP on behalf of the community to ensure the Beaches Link planning and assessment is done in good faith with input from residents and that community and environmental impacts are minimised through best practice design and mitigation measures.
Please see my submission on the Beaches Link EIS
Correspondence on the Beaches Link:
- 16 February 2021 – Letter to Transport Minister Andrew Constance
- 11 June 2020 - Letter to Transport Minister Andrew Constance
- 20 December 2019 – Letter to Member for Manly James Griffin MP
- 14 November 2019 – Letter to Transport Minister Andrew Constance
Speeches and questions in Parliament on the Beaches Link and the need to address road congestion in Warringah:
Recent News and Social Media
- 28 February, 2021 Facebook Mention
- 26 February, 2021 Newsletter
- 26 February, 2021 Manly Daily article
- January 20, 2021 Facebook Mention
- 15 January, 2021 Newsletter
- 11 December, 2021 Newsletter
- 9 December, 2020 Manly Daily
- 7 November, 2020 Manly Daily
- October 9, 2020 Facebook
- 10 October, 2020 Manly Daily "Zali Steggall pushes for tunnel after releasing Traffic Survey Results"
Traffic Survey June - August 2020
The survey was communicated via:
- Newsletter delivered to every resident in Warringah
- Zali Steggall Website