I will work to hold politicians to greater account, so that the Parliamentary process is more honest, productive and inspiring than it has been in the recent past.
There are six things in particular that I will pursue:
- A national anti-corruption body
- The Westminster principle of ministerial responsibility
- ‘Without fear or favour’ advice from our public service
- Fixed four-year terms of Parliament
- A Parliamentary Fact-Finding Office
- ‘Truth in advertising’ laws in political campaigns - Read the Commonwealth Electoral Amendment (Stop the Lies) Bill 2021 here
Further detail can be found here.